Advanced: Remove or regenerate PNG files for Translate in MediaWiki's Translate extension
This task is about MediaWiki's Translate extension. This is already an advanced task, so if you have not worked on MediaWiki code before, this is not a task to start with!
This is not trivial:
- First identify in which CSS/JS/PHP files the image is referenced
- Those only mentioned in JS do not need PNG
- Those mentioned in PHP likely need PNG
- Those mentioned in CSS should be checked with Resources.php to find the resource modules
- Those resource module names can be searched again to see on which pages they are used
I imagine most of these files are used on special pages such as Special:Translate and Special:AggregateGroups. You must have a basic Translate setup as documented.
You are expected to provide patches in Wikimedia Gerrit. See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Tutorial for how to set up Git and Gerrit.