Guess case of Turkish titles in MusicBrainz
Titles of (Artist, Release, Track, Work, …) entities in MusicBrainz have to follow capitalization standards which can be approached using a “Guess case” function. There is currently a mode for English language, a mode for French language, and a generic mode for sentence capitalization (used for most Latin script languages). There needs to be a mode to help with Turkish capitalization standards. Knowing Turkish is not a requirement. This task is mostly based on regular expressions.
- A working development environment, including a MusicBrainz server in standalone mode. (See the documentation for information on how to do this.) Installation should be fairly straightforward to complete, but it could be quite long depending on your computer performance. Note that running the server code is only supported on Linux systems and that you need at least ~20 GB of space to install it.
- Request an account for the issue tracker on #metabrainz (IRC channel)
- Assign yourself the linked ticket
- Test your changes on your local MusicBrainz server and show us a screenshot
- Create a pull request to submit your changes