Add two Releases to MusicBrainz and AcousticBrainz
Note: It's a good idea to have done the task for adding a single release first.
Find two releases that do not already exist in MusicBrainz, either some you have yourself or some that are (legally) downloadable for free online.
Then you should do the following things for each Release:
- (Optional, if it's a CD you have.) Rip the CD using a good CD ripper, e.g., EAC on Windows (also runs under Wine on Linux), XLD on Mac OS X, or morituri on Linux.
- Add it to MusicBrainz - be sure to enter all information you know/can find, incl. status, release date and country (country will likely be "[Worldwide]" for most digital releases), label and cat. no. and barcode (these may not be available for digital releases), language and script information, type(s), and packaging ("None" for digital releases).
- Use MusicBrainz Picard to tag the release.
- Use Picard to submit AcoustIDs for the files.
- Download one of the AcousticBrainz clients and submit AcousticBrainz analyses for the files.
Post a link to the releases here in the task when you've added them so the mentors can verify your work.
If you have any questions along the way, you should join #musicbrainz, the IRC channel for MusicBrainz editors. Even if a mentor isn't around to help you, there are plenty of other people with years and years of experience editing MusicBrainz who are willing to help newbies. Be sure to mention that you're from GCI. :)