loklak: Run loklak on your computer and harvest two million tweets
loklak is a twitter scraper and search server. Install loklak on your computer, follow the description on http://loklak.org/download.html, then run the server. It will start to harvest automatically and if you run it for 48 hours, it could have harvested two million tweets already. Make a screenshot of your welcome screen (http://localhost:9000) which prints out the harvested messages and tweet this to @loklak_app.
- Github account
- Understanding of set up
- The student should have set up the loklak server successfully on the system and tested it with a sample query
- A set of screenshots for the localhost application running
- at least 2 million tweets collected
- tweet result on your twitter or any other social network with a screenshot and link to http://loklak.org, e.g. "Two million tweets collected with #p2psearch and #loklak http://loklak.org @fossasia #GCI"
- Download: http://loklak.org/download.html
- Source code: https://github.com/loklak/loklak_server
- Setup instructions: https://github.com/loklak/loklak_server/blob/master/README.md