Python: Your first program in an Open Source IDE
To learn basic input and output coding in an open source ide.
- Download Light Table (http://lighttable.com)
- Write a program that outputs a question. This example might look like this: "Please enter your age"
- Then let the user enter the answer: "Please enter your age: 23"
- Use the entry for something meaningful (more or less): "Then you are of legal age."
Use Python 3 to program your little program. So you have to save your project as .py and you have to download Python 3 (https://www.python.org/downloads/). In your cmd you can write "python .py" and then your program starts.
(3) Expected outcome
- A screenshot of your little program in the IDE
- Provide the code on a repository in your github.com account
- A tweet or post on Facebook with the screenshot, e.g. "Made a #Python program with #LightTable at #FOSSASIA #GCI @fossasia @kushaldas @ThePSF"