Open Event/Android: Develop a simple mobile app with a splash screen
Develop a Simple Android Application named '[your_name]' with splash screen and video and post it on your Github account. This tasks serves as a preparation to join Android development of the FOSSASIA Open Event App.
- Understanding of Android SDK setup and development
- Github account
- Research about Android development
- App has the following features:
- Splash Screen displaying your name
- Home Screen with background as your picture and text introducing yourself
- A nice elaborate UI shall be appreciated
- Include a little video showing the transition of screens after opening the app (either use the emulator or a real device)
- Make a GitHub repository for the same namely '[your_name] Android App'
- tweet result on your twitter or any other social network with a screenshot and link to your repository, e.g. "Yay! I build an Android app with #FOSSASIA #GCI http://link-to-your-github-repository @fossasia @hpdang"
Useful How tos:
- Splash Screens the Right Way ( https://www.bignerdranch.com/blog/splash-screens-the-right-way/ )
- How to implement Android Splash Screen ( http://www.androidhive.info/2013/07/how-to-implement-android-splash-screen-2/ )
- Image Background for layout in Android (https://diptimayapatra.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/xamarin-image-background-for-layout-in-android/)