Let's get you started: Learn GIT
The aim of this task is to help you understand basics of git. The task includes finishing up a quick git tutorial followed by a small exercise to showcase your understanding.
- DIY: Understand term "Version control system"
- Finish tutorial from here -> https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-git
- Create an account on github.com (If you haven't already)
- Create a repository with .github.io
- Create a profile page or any other page of yours and commit it to repository create above.
3) Expected outcome
- Repository and profile Page with html and CSS uploaded to github
- show as github pages
- Post a message about yout task at FOSSASIA Google Code-In on Twitter (Weibo or another service) e.g. "Made a page with #FOSSASIA #GCI #CodeAcademy today with mentors from around the world http://link-to-your-github-page @fossasia @bkeepers"
Students who completed this task
Lasembo, Yathannsh, Retardvoldy, Autumn Equinox, de11bun2358k, Arjun Bhorkar, Nguyen Cong Khang, ng.xingyu, Nastya, Ishan Malhotra, shiftsayan, v_shiftz, kush, Yash Kumar Verma, pineappleskyes, rajdeep, Yasoob, Yekoss, coin3x, Bohdan Glushko, Rohyt, Sumesupe, z4chB, Sandy Singh, nywillb, mattpdl, Allen Chou, Shashank, Ronin, gkfang1234, Georgiy, Joie, Anshuman73, Johann Seow, B Naveen, Oana Rosca, Kishan, jQwotos, Diana Nguyen, ryan sim, Abishek V Ashok, jatin7, MDJ117, Alexandra-Georgina Țurțulea