Wordpress: Set up a wordpress website and apply an Open Source theme into it
Please set up Wordpress on localhost and capture screenshot of the successful Wordpress installation alongwith a photo of yourself in front of PC running successfully installed Wordpress website.
Task will include following activities:
- Installing XAMPP/WAMP/LAMPP on your PC to run webserver on localhost
- Downloading Wordpress files.
- Extracting files in a folder inside public html directory of localserver.
- Running installation script after starting webserver and giving access to a database for installation.
- Installing an open source theme in fresh install of Wordpress instance
- Taking screenshot of installation and photo of yourself in front of PC.
- Sharing the success of your task on social networks.
- Successful Wordpress installation on local server.
- Added new open source theme in your local Wordpress installation
- Screenshot of above mentioned work
- Photo of you in front of your PC with Wordpress installation onscreen
- Tweet about your task on Twitter, Weibo or other similar channel or post it on Facebook in a manner like: “Learned how to install #Wordpress with #FOSSASIA #GCI @fossasia http://fossasia.org ”
- Links to above mentioned posts and screenshots along with task submission
Tutorials and recommended reading:
Students who completed this task
Rohyt, Yash Kumar Verma, Oana Rosca, Gegeneo, Yathannsh, Mehmet Cagri Ari, Aditya Jyoti Paul, Yekoss, Albin Kottaram, Sciuridae, tonyhhyip, Abishek V Ashok, Delta, Yago González, Ronin, coin3x, Baidya, shiftsayan, Anshuman73