[Marble] Build Marble Maps for Android
This task belongs to the Marble Project, where a new Android app is created and will have its first release soon. Be part of our team and contribute to an OpenStreetMap based navigation software with an easy-to-use user interface and beautiful vector maps.
Follow the instructions in https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/AndroidCompiling. It walks you through the steps needed to create an Android package (.apk file) for Marble Maps. Install it on your Android smartphone and open Marble Maps there. Navigate to San Francisco, USA and zoom in far enough to have vector tiles appear. Create a screenshot and attach it to the task to show that you completed all steps.
Got a question, a problem or just want to talk? Please get in touch with us!
The #marble IRC channel is the easiest way to contact us. Webchat here.
- Dennis Nienhüser uses the nick name Earthwings. He is online in the evenings CET (central european time).
- Torsten Rahn uses the nick name tackat.
- Sanjiban Bairagya ues the nick name fewcha.
All mentors are subscribed to the marble-devel mailing list. You can also reach us individually:
- Dennis Nienhüser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Torsten Rahn at email@example.com.